It’s Christmas time in Texas and there’s no better place to celebrate than San Saba, the heart of the Hill Country! With decorated homes and businesses, holiday gift shopping on every corner, and long-standing Christmas traditions, a visit to San Saba is a must this December!
Invitation to Sip N’ Stroll
Consider this your personal invitation to the premiere Christmas wine and beer-tasting event in Texas! San Saba County Chamber of Commerce will host the 9th Annual Sip N’ Stroll on December 10th from 2- 6 pm. After a decade of fine wine, joyful crowds, and holiday activities, it’s no surprise that Sip N’ Stroll has become one of the most anticipated events of the year in the Texas Hill Country!
Even Santa himself can’t miss our annual Sip N’ Stroll celebration! He and Mrs. Claus have RSVP’d for another splendid night of taking photos and granting Christmas wishes.
The afternoon will feature nine Texas Hill Country wineries and four craft breweries providing samples inside San Saba’s unique boutiques and businesses. Joining us this year will be:
- Peters Prairie Vineyard inside Alamo Pecan & Coffee
- Dotson-Cervantes Wines inside Bard & Hallow
- Fiesta Winery inside Harry’s Boots
- Texas Legato Winery inside J.C. Campbell & Co. Mercantile
- Spirit of Texas Winery inside Oliver and Co.
- Stoneledge Winery and Vineyard inside The Pantry
- Texas Hills Vineyards inside San Saba Olive Oil Company
- Arch Ray Winery inside Sings My Soule Boutique
- Wedding Oak Winery inside its own storefront
- Save the World Brewing inside Switch Boutique
- Primal Brewing Company inside 11th Street Outfitters
- Bear King Brewing Co. inside Everett’s Furniture & Emporium
- Bar D Brewhouse inside its own storefront
Each of these vendors is local to Central Texas and has a unique taste to offer. Our guests commonly fall in love with several of the samples, so be prepared to take home a few of your favorite bottles as each winery will have its signature wines for sale. Tickets are available here and include 10 wine and/or beer tastings, a commemorative wine glass, a branded tote bag, and a map of participating businesses.
More than Just Stocking Stuffers
Wonderful Christmas gifts can be found during Sip N’ Stroll! Each of our downtown shops stays open past their regular hours, offering a great opportunity for out-of-towners to explore San Saba. Inventory in each boutique is so diverse, there is truly something for everyone! Shop:
- fine antiques, soy candles, and beautiful furniture at Bard and Hallow
- authentic Mexican pottery, jewelry, and lawn decor at The Open Door
- flavored coffee, fudge, and preserves at Alamo Pecan & Coffee Co.
- the best leather boots in Texas and western-inspired clothing at Harry’s Boots
- adorned tableware and holiday decor at The Pantry
- Fashion, kitchen accessories, jewelry, makeup, and more at J.C. Campbell Mercantile
- gourmet olive oils, balsamic vinegars, and spices at San Saba Olive Oil Company
- trendy women’s clothing and accessories at Switch Boutique and Sings My Soule Boutique
And don’t forget that San Saba is the Pecan Capital of the world! Take home the finest pecan treats from:
Here Comes the Parade
With beer and wine in your system and shopping bags in hand, we invite you to stick around for our Lighted Christmas Parade beginning at 6:30 pm! The parade is one of San Saba’s longest-standing traditions where our residents get to show off their creativity and light up the town! Join us for a steady stream of decorated floats, marching bands, drill teams chants, cars decked out in lights, pickup trucks wearing antlers, lawnmowers dressed as Christmas trees, and other delightful sights winding down Wallace Street.
Also, stop by the San Saba County Courthouse for a traditional nativity scene arranged on the lawn.
Dancing Lights at Mill Pond Park
Finally, no visit to San Saba would be complete without driving through the Dancing Lights at Mill Pond Park. Commonly featured in must-see holiday travel lists, the Dancing Lights at Mill Pond Park consists of over one million shimmering lights, choreographed to Christmas classics, covering several acres of stunning waterfront property. Walk or drive through the trail, illuminated with light tunnels, dancing trees, and a huge Texas flag.
San Saba is very proud of this light display and will share the installation with visitors all through December and into early January. The lights come on from dusk till 10:00 pm and are a magical experience to share with friends and family. Pack the holiday pajamas and a thermos of hot cocoa for a holly jolly experience!
A Weekend to Remember
We know you have your pick of holiday festivities throughout small-town Texas, but we have something special to offer here in San Saba. We would love to see you for Sip N’ Stroll on December 10th but have plenty of holiday spirit to share all season long! ‘Tis the season for Christmas in San Saba!
With so much to do in town, our Christmas Extravaganza can easily become a weekend trip. We have some lovely places to stay and delicious places to eat, but book your plans in advance because rooms and reservations will fill up quickly.
Where to Stay:
Where to Eat: